Monday, May 18, 2009

I Ran A Relay Marathon - Again

Yesterday I took part in another relay marathon. I had taken part in the same event last year too. This year there was a small twist. In this year's edition all four legs of the relay were of equal length of about 6.5 miles (10.5 km), whereas last time the first leg was 10 miles with subsequent legs being 5.4 miles each. This meant I had to run more than a mile extra compared to last time.

The Chariots of Fire team brought only 5 teams this year. Just like last time, we came second. I personally did better this time since I had two personal goals that I had set out to achieve
  1. No Walking
  2. Under 1 hour 20 minutes
I did not walk. I paced my self much better this time. I also was in much better shape compared to last time.

I was within a few seconds of my second goal (I think I need 1 hour 20 minutes and about 14 seconds)!! (I averaged slightly less than 8 minutes for a km, rather slow I agree)

After I came home, I talked to my wife and we are planning on taking an entire team, even two teams from our area (4 to 8 people) to this event next year!!

3 comments:

AYDIN Ă–RSTAN said...

You did great, considering that you hadn't apparently trained, or so I was told by an insider.

Raag said...

Thanks Aydin - It was a lot of fun. Do you also like to run?

umarag said...

Congrats Raag...you are the uber athlete !