Tuesday, July 01, 2014

You like me? Why?

Recently thanks to Netflix, I have been on a marathon, watching House M.D. A very short synopsis without going into details about the show; House is this genius doctor, but an ass of a person and almost no one likes him. Cameron is this pretty doctor that has a crush on House for a few episodes. In one particular episode one of their conversations goes somewhat I like this.

House - You like me?
Cameron - Yes.
House - Why?
Cameron - That is a sad question

House was of course serious as he could not see any logic in her liking him. In that sense, he has no illusions about himself.

I burst out laughing at this exchange.

Most of my life I lived without any self examination. A whole lot of things happened a decade ago and a whole lot of feedback was received that fell in fertile parts of my brain and prodded me to introspect. Having spent no time in introspection in past, I seem to spend a better part of my time in soul searching. Being better acquainted with myself, I must admit I have felt like House a lot the past decade. The result of self-analysis culminated in one simple question.

Would I want myself as a friend?

The answer is a No and that is very lowering thought.

No comments: