Sunday, February 15, 2009

Dubya's affliction with The Foot In the Mouth Disease

George W Bush has a well documented affliction with this disease. In fact the store of inanities attributed to Dubya, or Bush-isms as they are called, is so large this site has indexed it by the year it was uttered. Here is a short list of my personal favorites.
  1. See, in my line of work you got to keep repeating things over and over and over again for the truth to sink in, to kind of catapult the propaganda.
  2. I'll be long gone before some smart person ever figures out what happened inside this Oval Office.
  3. Rarely is the questioned asked: Is our children learning?
  4. There's an old saying in Tennessee -- I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee -- that says, fool me once, shame on --shame on you. Fool me -- you can't get fooled again
  5. Too many good docs are getting out of the business. Too many OB-GYNs aren't able to practice their love with women all across this country
Note - In case you wonder about the phrase Foot In the Mouth Disease, it is a play on Foot and Mouth Disease that typically afflicts domesticated animal. I thought of this phrase, but I am sure I was not the first to come up with it. I googled the phrase but could not find a definitive answer as to who came up with it first.

No comments: