Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Free At Last

It is one of the best days of my life. I saw Barack Obama being sworn in. I heard his speech. I never thought I would live to see the day when a speech by a politician would move me. We are all jaded. We saw Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, and Oh My God, Dubya and we saw the spiral downward from which we thought politics would never recover.

We are finally free, free of George W Bush. Hooray.

It is too early to say the politics as it was is finally over. I have hope. I have hope that this man would lead us to a better future. I also hope that the weight of our expectation would not crush him.

All in all a great day for United States of America and the world in general.

3 comments:

Jannavi said...

I agree...it was a very moving speech..carried a lot of meaning...I wish him luck!

Anonymous said...

Raag,

I agree that the whole experience was just amazing. Though once you saw the Jon Stewart show last night, you got the aura spoiled a little bit :)

But I think Obama is definetely a mover and he will have a new energy for the American people which I believe will bring change.

Maggie said...

I'm excited, too, but nervously biting my lip lest he do something unworthy. He's the first president in my adult life I've trusted to be a square dealer. I hope people listen to him and answer the call!