Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Who reads my blogs?

You may have noticed that whenever you state an opinion there are people who have nothing useful to add, but chime - In your opinion. Inexplicably they feel that they have somehow clinched the argument" since they manage to say that with such an air of confidence as if to say "Take that". This leaves you rather nettled and you start wondering whose opinion have you been voicing all along if not your own. Did someone else possess you and state his opinion?

So for the record; everything I write in this post is my opinion; or at least I believe it is my opinion. So if you have a rebuttal, make it. Just do not repeat the cliche "it is your opinion" and yes I know what a cliche is. Check the title of this blog.

So here it goes.

I am jealous of all those people who have a popular blog. Not all of them write well. Not all of the post are well written. Most of the posts fall under the category inconsequential, as does mine. Not all of them write something worthwhile reading. Observe clearly the use of slightly milder qualifiers such as "Not all" and "Most" rather than the definitive "All".

Some of the posts are quite everyday-ish;

-- I woke up, drank coffee, read the newspaper, shaved, showered, breakfasted and went to work.

Others are quite inane

-- I went to see the Taj and it was sooooo beautiful.

Really, we did not know that!!

In my opinion, my posts are neither inane not boring. I have an opinion to offer. An anecdote to recount. Some quite funny. Even my mom, from whom getting praise is like pulling teeth, admits that some of them pass her sniff test. So why is no one reading my post?

I am wrong. I know some people do although the list is quite small

My wife; I must admit she has so far been faithful!! My sister and my niece; only after I took the extraordinary step of making it their home page!! These three also provide me useful feedback on grammar and typo so I can fix them before no one else reads it!!

Oh and I forgot the fourth person, I read my own blog. Yes I am a ego blogger (on the lines of egosurfing)

Then there are the stumblers, those who are searching for Cantonese teacher and Google serves them this. The only others who read it are people who I pester into submission by sending them spam messages "Did you read it, Did you, Could you, Would you, Please, Pretty please". After the tenth time of IMing them, they either read the post or they remember to block me.

Boo hoo

11 comments:

Dee said...

I read your blogs!!! Did you just forget about me or something?!?!?! Well, I think that is just plain RUDE! :(

Dee said...

just kidding! :)

Raag said...

Thanks my baby. ILU. Now we know who the fifth reader of my blog is

Jannavi said...

Cry baby!

Maggie said...

Oh, welcome to the world of the seldom-read! I feel your pain.

Anonymous said...

I have to admit that this is the first time I am reading your blog. I am actually very impressed. You do write good. So everytime you write please do send me an e-mail and I will read. Yeh....Now your list is upto 6 readers.....

Anonymous said...

So - I will read your blog from now on whenever I hear a loud cry :)

Unknown said...

Thanks Maggie, Jo and Anonymous.

You made this horrible conjunctivitis infected weekend worthwhile with your comments.

-- Raag

Unknown said...

seventh here...

Anonymous said...

Remind me to add the qualifier "humble" to IMO the next time :)

eBaBa! said...

you forgot me too- I read all of them

late maybe but 'der ayee par durust aaye"

Priya